Planning an Event
- Check wyorace.com to choose a date that does not interfere with another event in the area.
after choosing your date ,inform wyorace.com so it can be added to the calendar. You can do this by choosing add an event from the menu to the left and submitting the completed form.
- Who will insure your race?
- Set the race distances and course. It is good to include a map of your course. We suggest mapmyrun.com.
- Find your race sponsors to help cover cost of runner gifts, refreshments, awards, and supplies.
- Decide if you will give away a t-shirt or other souvenir to participants. Order the souvenirs and hire an embroiderer or screen printer. Here are some local options:
Jakes Screen printing
The Sport Stop
- Chose a Charity to benefit
- Make up Flyers/Posters for your event and create your entry form including waiver.
- Distribute flyers and entry forms
- Create a who, what, when, why page and distribute to Sheridan Press, Sheridan Media, Buffalo Bulletin, and Basin Radio Network to run as a FREE Public Service Announcement. Plan any other advertising you wish to use.
- Contact local authorities about your race date, time and course. Include Sheriff if race is out of city limits.
- Make arrangements to mark all roads and crossings to auto traffic. Supplies can be rented from The Sport Stop for course marking, timing, drinks ect…
- Enlist volunteers to help register runners, cover water stops, and timing and results.
- If you are interested in hiring timing, we can provide RFID chip timing or other timing options through WYO Timing.. Our business includes all types of services you can choose from to assist in putting on your event.
- Mark the course like every runner will get lost! Over marking is better that lost runners. Use signage, flagging, spray paint, cones etc. Mark your FINISH LINE1
- Post results as soon as they are ready. Do awards timely; runners don’t like to wait around.
- Door prizes can be given to pass time while waiting for results.
- Pull all course markings and trash.
- Email results to Sheridan Press, Sheridan Media, and www.wyorace.com as soon as they are finalized they can be posted/published.
- Thank all volunteers and Sponsors